Durabunker is a revolutionary bunker solution that utilizes re-cycled synthetic material to build highly durable, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing, 'revetted' or 'sod wall' bunker faces and edges. Co-developed by Managing Director Rhydian Lewis, who is also co-inventor of all granted design patents and registered designs associated with Durabunker, the product is available in many different bunker styles, from shallow edge solutions to deep pot bunkers.
The Durabunker construction method has been adopted in the UK, Europe and USA by a variety of golf courses and the method approved by leading architects such as Nicklaus Design, Pierre Fulke Design and Ron Kirby.
Our delivery models vary from licence agreements, enabling golf clubs to build Durabunker in house, to full contractual services. Our team have over 20 years experience in building bunkers at Major venues such as St Andrews Links and Royal Porthcawl GC, as well as LPGA and PGA Tour venues such as Tiburon GC, Naples Forida, home of the LPGA Tour Championships. Other interational venues to install Durabunker include Royal North Devon, Tennessee National GC, St Enodoc GC, Frosaker Golf and Country Club and Golf Club Budersand. Our Managing Director has been building synthetic bunkers since the very first prototype was completed in 2009 and remains actively involved on site at every project we execute, bringing a wealth of experience and ensuring every durabunker we build is of the highest quality.
- Significant Cost and Labour Savings
- Design Life 20+ Years
- Maintenance Free Bunker Faces and Edges
- Prevents Sand Contamination Caused by Crumbling Faces and Edges
- Resistant to Extreme Heat and Deep Thaw Cycles
- Ensures Permanent Fixed Edges and Drastically Reduces Edging Work
- Ensures Orignial Bunker Shape Maintains its Design Integrity
- Resistant to Burrowing Animals
- Requires No Water for Duration of Design Life
- Prevents Damage to Bunker Faces Caused by Washout
- Superb Natural Appearance and Playing Characteristics
- Environmentally Friendly, Built from 100% Re-cycled Material
- Range of Design Styles
- Various Contract Options Available