The Richmond GC
The Richmond GC, originally laid out by prolific course architect, Tom Dunn, in 1891, is located in attractive parkland, adjoining Richmond Park and Ham Common.
Course Manager and former BIGGA Chairman Les Howkins and his team began working with Durabunker in 2017 and are currently installing Durabunker along with Rubber Crumb Liner in a phased approach, with the most recent work completed in 2020. Fully Sealed Bunkers have been recognized by Les as a huge benefit in terms of consistent bunker performance and ease of maintenance and it’s been a pleasure to work with them at one of England’s finest parkland courses.
As a point of interest, the club also has Royal connections, the Club Captain in 1924 being the Duke of York, later to become King George VI. His wife, later the Queen Mother, was patron of the Club for many years, until her death in 2002. His uncle, Prince Arthur of Connaught, a grandson of Queen Victoria, was a member for many years, and presented the trophy which bears his name.
The current Duke of York, Prince Andrew, has been its patron since 2006
Course Type: Non Featured Parkland Courses